The plans to redevelop part of Gravesend town centre were granted permission by Gravesham Borough Council at the end of April 2013, subject to a Section 106 legal agreement.
The development will be built in phases so to minimise the disruption to the town centre. This will begin with the Eastern Quarter (area behind the indoor market, currently a car park) and then progress to the Western Quarter (area behind the St George’s Shopping Centre).
- Completion of legal agreements with Gravesham Borough Council: end 2013
- Procurement phase for the Eastern Quarter begins: early 2014
- Eastern Quarter build begins: mid-late 2014
- Procurement for Western Quarter begins: in mid-2015
- Western Quarter build begins: late 2015 / early 2016
- Project competition: late 2017 / early 2018